Effective cavity protection can be yours with dental sealants. See why these tooth sealants are in such high demand.
Seal Out Cavities with Dental Sealants
Dental sealants are thin, plastic or resin coatings that are applied to molars and premolars to prevent bacteria from getting trapped in the teeth and causing cavities. These tooth sealants are applied over the grooves and nooks of the chewing surfaces of teeth, which tend to trap decay particles and are difficult to reach with a toothbrush. While family dentistry specialists usually recommend tooth sealants to kids and teens between the ages of four and 15, more and more adults at high risk for cavities are also enjoying the protection of dental sealants today.
The Fast and Painless Procedure
Dental sealants are one of the quickest and easiest treatments available at family dentistry clinics. An affordable dentist in Indiana can perform the entire procedure in less than 10 minutes with no discomfort or anesthesia. The procedure consists of the following simple steps:
1. The teeth receiving treatment are thoroughly cleaned and dried.
2. Your family dentistry specialist applies a special solution to prepare teeth to bond to the tooth sealants. This gets rinsed away after 60 seconds.
3. A very thin layer of the plastic or resin sealant is brushed onto the teeth.
4. A special curing light is shined on the teeth for one minute to harden the sealant.
5. Then teeth are protected from cavities.